Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Mechanical Engineer RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design of foundry components/equipment and support systems utilizing standard engineering principles and practices.
- Generate detailed mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings for systems and equipment.
- Project management including design, ordering of components, build oversight and installation.
- Budgeting of projects and spend forecasts.
- Direct contact with plant maintenance, production and engineering.
- Required travel, upwards of 5% to remote Waupaca Foundry facilities.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Advanced CAD/3D modeling skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical components such as cylinders, motors bearings etc.
- Understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Ability to work as part of team as well as solo projects with minimal guidance.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.