Hitachi Rail STS is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated TELECOMS & SECURITY ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
If you would like to have experience working in railway projects, this is your opportunity.
Come and join our team in Lima, Peru. Mission:
Design and commissioning of the Telecom & Security technologies in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for the assigned Tenders and Backlog Projects. Accountabilities:
• Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
• Support analysis of the technology environment
• Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
• Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
• Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
• Support preparation of Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
• Participate in products selection
• Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
• Configure test and commission IP networks.
• Configure test and commission Wireless systems, from UHF/VHF to Microwaves.
Job requirements Experience:
From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree Skills:
• Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
• Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
• Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless communications
• Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
• Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
• Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Experience with network architecture design
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information