Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Hardware Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develop cost effective and innovative products and platforms
- Interfacing COTS items, and supplier independence in a development environment.
- Contributing to the proper requirements management for all the phases of the hardware lifecycle
- Contribute to the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices within the Development team
- Troubleshoot product applications in all the product life-cycle phases
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in FPGA design development and verification
- Experience in hardware description language (VHDL or Verilog, VHDL preferred)
- Knowledge of hardware design using Altera or Xilinx for soft-core FPGA design tools
- Experience with applicaition of soft-core processor IPs (such as Nios or Zynq) and SoC design
- Circuit design
- Experience with all phases of the design process from conception to manufacturing support.
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- FPGA design development and verification, in a safety critical environment.
- Experience with both Altera And Xilinx platforms
- Knowledge of hardware design using Altium Designer or similar programs
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree desirable
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.