Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Hurontario- Commissioning Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, Canada
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Create, plan and lead the execution of the testing and commissioning activities of a rail transit system, from the installation completion up to the start of revenue service
- Accountable of the execution of the testing and commissioning activities in accordance with the project plan, budget, approved plan and procedures, contract requirements, quality control, safety procedures, and company/department directives
- Integrate, manage and lead the testing and commissioning team, composed of both internal company resources and subcontractors
- Accountable of the correct interface management with the project team\client\subcontractors during the testing and commissioning phase
- Providing reports on commissioning activities - including resource planning, fore-cast and identify any risks or relevant issues related to the test and commissioning activities
- Ensure that the commissioning team works in respect of the Health and Safety requirements of the project
- Provide the Functional manager with the feedback regarding site performances for evaluation of the assigned resources
- Execute and responsible for testing and commissioning activities of a Rail Transit System from the end of installation to the start of revenue service
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Create and issue test documentation and reports
- Regularly report test and commissioning progress and status to the Commissioning Manager.
- Manage the configuration of documentation, hardware and software in the field
- Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues to engineering and management
- Able to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and skills
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 5-7 years of industry experience
- Three years in a commissioning or leadership role
- Strong management skills in an commissioning and engineering environment
- Strong people skills: the ability to work with large groups of engineering and technical personnel as well as one-on-one interaction with staff
- A demonstrated background and experience in a leadership role
- Basic working knowledge with one or more of the following Rail Trains System: Automatic Train Control, Communication Base Train Control, Positive Train Control
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Experience and knowledge of reviewing engineering drawing, blue prints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the Rail Transit System environment
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Understanding of engineering processes and how they are applied to test activities
- Experience in System Integration role
- Experience with or understanding of Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Supervision, Telecommunication systems, Communications, SCADA, Vehicle for Rail Transit Systems
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Manage and lead assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform the tests and troubleshooting activities
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- System requirements definition
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English- Native Language Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.