Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We are currently seeking SIGNALING RAMS Engineers whose mission is to perform System Safety and RAMS Engineering to support the organisation's and project's objectives; execute and manage System Safety and RAMS project activities and maintain the organisation's System Safety and RAMS management system including buidling the required RAMS evidence and ensure independent safety assessments are in place. The role will deal with complex Signalling subsystems and various interfaces ensuring reliability and safety requirements are met with compliance to schedule and budget.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong technical skills in the field, someone who is capable of communicating with people at all levels and is able to build strong working relationships. Must also be proactive and have a "can do" attitude and the ability to effectively juggle priorities and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. Accountabilities
The accountabilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
Education & Experience
- Ensure the delivery of signalling systems and subsystems in compliance with RAMS and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
- Guarantee definition of RAMS Plans.
- Ensure correct planning of RAMS and V&V activities
- Ensure correct identification and apportionment of RAMS requirements for signalling applications
- Guarantee execution of preliminary RAMS analyses and provide feedback to the project team (since the early phases of the project)
- Guarantee verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with safety and customer requirements
- Guarantee management and implementation of test specifications, and their execution, to independently validate safety-related functions
- Ensure that all conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and implemented
- Ensure execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level, leveraging on knowledge of the application acquired during V&V activities
- Ensure RAM parameters demonstration process. Guarantee demonstration of compliance with quantitative safety targets, using MTBHE data from architectures and components group
- Support for management and interfacing Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities
- Ensure periodic review of company safety policy and safety targets
- Ensure compliance of the signaling system and subsystem to the applicable national and international standards
- Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log for the application to relevant System RAMS Engineer
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant System Assurance Manager
- Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to relevant Product RAMS Engineer
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent Technical Engineering Background.
- 3+ years of RAMS experience
- At least three years experience in signalling or other safety critical engineering area
- At least three years experience in the use of appropriate safety engineering techniques, such as PHA, FTA, FMEA etc.
Annual salary: 100,000 - 150,000 AUD