ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job ID: 50021796.20HRSTS
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job description Accountabilities
- Responsible for implementing, testing and deploying software solutions in a complex Class 1 railroad dispatching system.
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of any new software features that are deployed into the dispatching system.
- Responsible for providing analysis of reported problems.
- Responsible for understanding, modifying, and using tools for the deployment of and maintenance of the dispatching system software.
- Participates in improving or replacing existing tools and processes, either through commercially available replacements, or in-house enhancements.
- Responsible for improving and documenting both new and existing procedures.
- Must be in a position that provides on-call customer support for time-sensitive issues that arise.
- Adhere to best coding practices
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- 0-3 years' experience with software development.
- Familiar with all the concepts of a software life-cycle: requirements, develop, test, deploy, maintain.
- Linux experience, including software development in a Linux environment as well as writing and modifying shell scripts
- Able to handle working in a dynamic environment with many parallel responsibilities and flexible priorities.
- Be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated and able to learn independently.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Good communication skills.
- Additional programming experience, including: C, Python, Perl, bash & korn shell scripting and Java 1.8
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Prior experience working with bug tracking software
- Good C++ programming skills
- Prior experience using Share Point and RTC