Job description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Ansaldo STS Transportation Systems India Private Limited in Kolkata India. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signalling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signalling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Mission
Implementation of quality management in line with STS Strategies and in compliance with IMS for complex projects (e.g. involving more than one legal entity) or plants. Accountabilities
include but are not limited to the following:
1. Ensure competent contribution to Bidding team activities through TQAE, by: participating in the kick off meeting; analysing calls for tender to identify quality requirements, QA activities, criticalities of QA clauses; providing required quality documents; and defining QA hours and costs estimations, including LPQAE in other entities.
2. Ensure interface, as a support to the Proposal Manager, with the client, partners, suppliers and third parties for quality aspects
1. Ensure competent contribution to Project team activities through PQAE, by: participating in the kick off meeting; defining the SOW for remote activities; updating QA Cost Estimation; establishing and updating the Project Quality System (Quality Plan and Procedures); proposing the Project Quality Report; establishing the Software Project Quality Plan (with support from WPL); and developing suitable quality KPIs.
2. Ensure training sessions with reference to the Project Quality System (including updates) or help coordinate process-specific training such as Teamcenter.
3. Ensure interface, as a support to the Project Manager, with the client, partners, suppliers and third parties with reference to the quality aspects (not technical issues).
4. Ensure interface, as a support to the Project Manager, with the client, partners, suppliers and third parties with reference to the quality aspects (not technical issues).
5. Verify the purchase specifications for quality aspects of package or complex supplies (quality aspects are defined as those applicable to the quality standards specified - this does not include technical aspects).
6. Establish and update the Software Project Quality Plan (with support from PE and/or WPL) and the Configuration Management Plan (with support from PM, PE, WPLs, COM, and CM) based upon input from the applicable stakeholders.
1. Support the PM for the performance of the Project Management Reviews (shared with the Project Manager)
2. Support the Project Team for a constant formalisation of records (shared with the project team)
3. Support the PM in the recording and follow up of Stakeholder Satisfaction data (including claims) (shared with the PM)
4. Support the PE in the organisation and performance of Design Reviews from the training and start up point of view (shared with the PE)
5. Promote and contribute to the definition of the project document template and project coding (shared with the PE)
6. Promote the use of Teamcenter and Share Point, from the start up and procedural point of view (shared with the Project Team)
7. Support Manufacturing, Construction and Commissioning for the preparation of Test Reports and use of forms from the start up point of view (shared with Manufacturing, Construction and Commissioning) (this includes advise on configuration and content - but not creation or revision of the reports)
8. Support the COM for the software management and use of relevant forms, from the procedural point of view (shared with the COM)
9. Support the PE and the COM for the definition and management of FRACAS, from the procedural point of view (shared with the PE and the COM)
10. Ensure that the testing and inspection process is implemented effectively (shared with the project team) from a process compliance perspective.
11. Support, together with the Project Team, the definition of the correction of the nonconformities and ensure the performance of the corrective actions) including the recording in Audit database (shared with the project team)
12. Support Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance for the solution of nonconformities and use of forms, from the procedural point of view (shared with construction, commissioning and maintenance)
13. Support the Project Team in the definition and updating of the planning documents (Project Management Plan, Engineering Management Plan, Design Plan, etc.) (shared with the project team)
14. Support the WPLs, the PE, the COM and the CM for the management of the change requests and use of forms, from the procedural point of view (shared with the project team)
15. Support in structure and procedure to be agreed with client for handover files (shared with the project team)
Job requirements Required Skills & Experience Education:
University Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical background Experience:
From 5 up to 10 years of Business experience Knowledge & Skills
- Applicable Standards and Certification knowledge (ISO, IRIS, CMMI, CENELEC....)
- Auditing Standards (ISO 19011) and techniques
- Organization techniques and process management knowledge
- Risk Management Suppliers qualification and monitoring processes and methods of Project Management
- Cost estimating techniques knowledge and Budgeting knowledge
- Value Creation
- Market and Customer Orientation
- Excellence in Achieving Assigned Objectives
- Human Capital Development
- Business Awareness
- Collaboration and International Development
- Innovation and Change Management
- Mobility Mindset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at http://sts.hitachirail.com/en/careers/work-us/open-positions.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.