Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Signalling Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
The position is based in Bangalore, India. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Mission:
Deliver complete Signaling design for complex signaling project schemes in accordance with industry and company standards and processes.
Develop procedures to ensure expert knowledge is transferred to others.
Provide expert guidance to the signaling team. Accountabilities:
- Ensure the delivery of complex signaling design schemes compliant and to the satisfaction of the Customer (all of signaling)
- Guarantee training and mentoring on industry standards (e.g. CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc.) and company standard solutions
- Guarantee communicating and defending the signaling technical solution
- Ensuring all documents and designs produced are issued and controlled in accordance with company processes and relevant industry standards
- Ensuring the effective Interfacing with other groups (e.g. RAMS, Telecoms, etc.) by all team members
- Ensure assembling and chairing reviews to detect design errors and process and tool inefficiencies and following through on corrective and improvement actions
- Ensure the effective coordination of analysis of the feedback from V&V and site tests
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
10 up to 15 years of experience in signaling design and delivery Education
Electrical, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Proficiency in English
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at http://www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.