Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from technical to administrative and strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
- Hitachi Rail is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity.
- Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders
- Prioritization and monitoring of Engineering Design status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and engineering support activities
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule rail or rail transit domain experience
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution
- Minimum 5 years' experience as project engineer or lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
- Prior experience with basic Project Management:
- Maintaining and controlling budget
- Schedule monitoring/development,
- Maintaining risk register,
- Resource and task management
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Rail or rail transit domain experience required
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- Familiar with Wayside Engineering products, technology, and project deliverables
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.