Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Software Tester
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Develops and maintains test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data according to project requirements.
• Documenting and tracking defects, and following through to resolution
• Completes testing of system changes, based on established test plans and test scripts.
• Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
• Follows established department processes and documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Follows established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Completes specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity. Required Skills & Experience
• 0-2 years' experience in software development or an associated discipline
• Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices and processes
• Familiarity with basic networking concepts
• Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
• Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience Desired Skills & Experience
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
• Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
• Previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc
. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.