Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Signaling RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
- Development of Safety Analysis Documentation of systems and products [Safety Plans, PHAs/O&SHAs/FTAs/FMECAs/SHAs/SSHAs/Hazard Logs/Safety Cases]
- Development of RAM Analysis Documentation of systems and products [RAM Plans, RAM Demonstration Plans, Preliminary RAM Analyses, Final RAM Analyses, Maintainability Assessments,
- Assisting in the development of RAMS projects schedules providing Project RAMS Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
- Providing guidance to the engineering teams on implementing safety and reliability into their application and product designs
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Five to Ten years RAMS experience.
- Experience in implementing the CENELEC Standards EN 50126, EN 50128, and EN 50129 as guidelines for RAM and Safety Assessment
- Familiar with MIL-STD-882 and the AREMA Standards for RAM & Safety Assessment
- Working knowledge of Item ToolKit or equivalent tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
- Self-driven and motivated and accountable for actions and efforts in regards to safety assessment
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experienced with the terms MTBF, MTBSF, MTTR, Availability, MTBHE, SIL, Vital, and Mission Critical
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Proficient with the development of complex Safety Assurance techniques [PHAs, O&SHAs, FTAs, FMECAs, Hazard Logs, and Safety Cases] per the CENELEC Standards
- Proficient with the development of complex RAM techniques [RAM Demonstration, RAM Analysis (Block Diagrams and Fault Trees), Spare Parts Calculations] per the CENELEC Standards
- Proficient knowledge of railroad signaling concepts and a background in safety assessment of railroad applications and products
- Bachelor's Degree
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.