Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Product Compliance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the compliance of products to EN45545 and NFPA130 regulations about fire and smoke and tox.
- Ensure the compliance of products to REACH and ROHS regulations about environmental standards.
- Ensure the CE compliance of the products preparing the dossier collecting the required evidences of conformity.
- Ensure the standardization process inside IMED across the geographies about Fire & Smoke and Environmental Standards
- Ensure the Dual Use classification of the products in according to the applicable standards 428/2009/EU and EAR
- Promote the cross fertilization of best practice inside of the global IMED and Technology about fire & smoke, REACH and ROHS, Dual Use and CE certification
- Ensure the definition, modification and management of the CI(s) "included sub CI/ DOC/ MAT/ COTS" related to Environmental & Export compliance Data on parts/products/platforms/systems.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio/Project etc.)
- Strong organizational Skills
- Working knowledge of Teamcenter
Education: Languages: Benefits:
- Basic knowledge of NFPA130 or EN45545
- Working experience in international contexts
- Basic knowledge of ROHS and REACH standards
- Basic Materials properties knowledge (FST performances, Dangerous Substances, etc)
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.