Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated IT Operations Engineer
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. ITAccountabilities:
- Ensure the fulfillment of Service Requests, Service Incidents and Service Problems in accordance with agreed KPI's.
- Provide day-to-day Service Desk support to Hitachi Rail STS users in Honolulu and other sites located in North and South America.
- Act as the local/onsite LAN administrator and POC for all site related connectivity issues (working with Manager and INFRA team as needed).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of IT related projects as per agreed budget, time and quality.
- Provide direction and advice to Associate IT Engineers. Review and accept escalations as needed.
- Participate in the delivery of the following IT Services
- Backup & Data Recovery Management
- File and Print Management
- Logical access: VPN, SSL, Proxy, ACL, Security groups
- Messaging & Communication Infrastructure
- Virtualization and Mobile computing
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Carry out installations, configurations and maintenance on workstations, network equipment, servers, server side applications, printers, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Manager of IT Services for Americas.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and telephony.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Solve complex technical issues/problems involving multiple technology stacks (OS, application, network, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Operating System and application support (Active Directory, Exchange, DFS, DNS, DHCP, permissions, access levels, server roles).
- Experience with S2S IP SEC VPN, SSL Client to Site VPN, VLANS and MPLS technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with enterprise wireless technologies.
- Experience with Cisco video conferencing equipment/technologies.
- Previous experience in Global Enterprise Organization.
- Previous experience with Service Desk driven by SLA's/KPI's.
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices.
- PowerShell, PSEXEC, VB and logon script capabilities.
- Microsoft SCCM administration (system center configuration manager).
- Microsoft OCS experience (Skype for Business 2015).
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching.
- Experience with compliance reporting and patching.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches, cisco wireless access controllers and Cisco access points.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers