Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Embedded Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develop cost effective and innovative products and platforms with longevity, versatility, and interoperability through the use of industry standards
- Develop and maintain safety critical software in a fluid development environment
- Ensure the proper requirements management for all the processes of the software lifecycle, according to company standard processes
- Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete SW solution, including design against obsolescence
- Contribute on the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function
- Troubleshoot product applications in all the product life-cycle phases
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of C/C++ programing in an embedded environment
- Basic Hardware understanding
- Good debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with all phases of the design process from conception to manufacturing support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Experience in a formalized design environment, including interfacing with external/independent V&V teams
- Experience working with vital/safety-critical software/systems
- Good Socket level understanding (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience
- Working knowledge of FPGA/softcore embedded microprocessors
- Experience with SPI and IPC communications
- Experience with task estimation
- Web design
- CENELEC and AREMA standards
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical/computer engineering or computer science
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.