Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System Analysis Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Assist with test setup and testing of system performance and safety parameters. This includes system integration testing with wayside, carborne, office and other systems.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Follow established design principles and procedures and specifications as detailed for proper performance and safety analysis and development of control line data.
- Assist in developing cost estimates for project bids. Identify and Capture Performance & Service Requirements (Headway, Commercial Speed, Recovery Margin, Energy Conservation, Line Capacity, Major Routes & Loops).
- Participate in Creating Proposed Technical Solution (High Level Essential and Implementation Models)
- Documentation generation pertaining to Safe Braking Distance Model, System & Vehicle Performance Characteristics, Desigh Criteria, System Performance Analysis, Interface Control.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- B.S. Engineering, Math or Physics
- Familiarity w/ Civil Engineering, Surveying, interpreting civil drawings.
- Familiarity with Newtonian Physics and Rectilinear motion in uniform acceleration and uniform jerk.
- Familiarity with Energy Equations and Velocity Head
- MathCAD / Excel / Access
- 2 years experience with signaling design systems.
- Experience with factory and field testing of safety critical data and processes.
- Display problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Display ability to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Experience supporting bids and proposals for new work, including generating labor estimates and bills of material.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display excellent time management skills.
- Display excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate expertise in programming fundamentals.
Education: Languages: Benefits:
- Familiarity with Optimization Strategies and Linear Programming
- Visual Basic Programming Language
- Experience with project schedule and budget development.
- Experience with deriving and analyzing project metrics and key project indicators.
- Experience in training signaling hardware and software design principles.
- Lead junior engineers in designs efforts. This includes allocating and delegating design work among engineering team.
- Pursuit of engineering licensure, having passed or are in preparation of taking the Professional Engineering (PE) exam.
- Experience checking detailed control line designs.
- Experience with developing factory and field test procedures for control line verification.
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.