Job description Who We Are
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world .
We are looking for a Senior Innovation Engineer
who is able to understand and manage the AI ecosystem in our newly created Innovation Team.
Our unit has the scope of discovering, designing and prototyping innovative solutions that can serve our customers and stakeholders.
You have a strong understanding of the AI tools and a great focus on customers' needs, you are able to analyse, create and evaluate proposals for AI application on complex transportation solutions for our internal business branches.
We work in an agile mindset, with maximum flexibility and extreme focus on results: you will have the opportunity to embrace the digital ecosystems and live on the edge of the new innovation era.
AI Engineer, within Hitachi Rail STS, is expected to have a wider scope of knowledge and experiences on designing and implementing of AI applications by applying available cognitive computing APIs & machine learning technologies from both internal and external companies.
Job requirements Accountabilities
AI Engineer is responsible for understanding the business problems, identifying/applying right AI or cognitive computing technologies to solve problems and involving in formulation and execution of technologies recipes for commercial deployment.
- Generate ideas and initiate processes of open innovation with our stakeholders leveraging on new digital capabilities.
- Understand the business problem, challenge of existing technologies and areas of application for AI technologies.
- Identify and choose right AI or cognitive computing technologies for solving problems and formulate AI recipes for development.
- Develop required machine learning models or prototype applications applying formulated AI recipes and verify the problem/solution fit.
- Involve in development of Artificial Intelligence Platforms and AI-nization projects.
- Ensure end-to-end coordination of the assigned project, prototyping the new solutions with a network of external providers and other internal supporters.
- Work with Technology and Business Units to co-design new solutions for their products.
- Train and support other Teams on innovative activities and on the learning of new competences.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Computing, APIs, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Technologies
- Minimum 3 years of development experience using one of JAVA, C, C++ or Python languages.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in AI application development and libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, Scikit-learn).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in building of API driven interface development.
- You have strong analytical skills and you are interested to learn.
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with data and confidence.
- You are willing to travel frequently and adapt to new projects type.
- You are fluent in English.
- Experience in agile software development or similar methodologies.
- Knowledge of Semantic Web, Knowledge Engineering, Image and Natural Language Processing.
- Experiences with RDBM databases, NoSQL Database, Graph Database.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, team spirit and raise the bar mentality.
- Location: Hitachi Rail STS ITALY - Naples, Genoa
If you meet the requirements, please send a CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org