Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Automation Testing & Commissioning Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Determine the test objectives and test strategies for the project.
• Author the Test Plan based upon the department standards and project needs.
• Plan test activities within the project schedule and estimate the hours required to conduct all Test and Quality Assurance activities.
• Identify the scope of the testing required for each release.
• Create test plans/protocols/procedures/cases for each release. Assure all test documentation is complete prior to the start of the test cycle.
• Execute tests according to defined test plans, procedures and cases.
• Identify and log defects in the defect tracking tool.
• Assist with the classification, management and resolution of all software defects.
• Monitor test progress and provide frequent progress reports to project team during test cycle.
• Participate in program, design and document reviews (including requirements reviews).
• At the end of a test cycle publish metrics of test results in a timely manner. Work with project team and Functional Management to identify areas for improvement.
• Be the voice of the customer assuring that we do what is necessary to deliver a quality product.
• Actively facilitate the coordination and completion of the scheduled tasks with team members.
• Allocate test resources based upon skills and capabilities. Identify skill gaps and provide guidance to junior resources.
• Assists the Functional Manager in the establishment/modification of department processes and follows/documents all work associated with the assigned responsibilities fully and accurately.
• Follows established Quality Assurance processes and standards for the formal delivery of work artifacts.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Completes specific work as assigned with minimal assistance. Assignments are varied in nature and limited in scope/complexity. Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development or an associated discipline
• Working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
• Fundamental knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating system
• Familiarity with basic networking concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to own and lead and the testing effort for complex and medium size projects
• Microsoft Windows operating system education/experience
• Microsoft Office, EXCEL and WORD education/experience Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods and tools
• Working experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH
• Previous work experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages:
• English- Native Language Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/