Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Software Solution Architect
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Develops and supports software solutions for freight railroad dispatching office systems as well as continually advancing technologies and innovative solutions for our customers.
• Responsible for coming up with the technical roadmap/vision for the project.
• Responsible for the overall integrity of the systems. Ensures features and components meet customer specifications/ requirements and adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for software designs and other information (cost, schedule) needed to complete the implementation of assigned work. Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
• Provides technical leadership to all levels of engineers. Is a mentor on technical, process, and procedure issues. Maintains regular contact with engineering personnel throughout the company.
• Leads/conducts technical briefing and design meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
• Leads/conducts the technical aspects of proposal development.
• Contributes to individual performance reviews.
• Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate.
• Participates in setting project schedule/budget milestones for a subsystem(s) or for an entire project.
• Keeps up-to-date in the area of expertise, and demonstrates technical leadership within the industry.
• You will be part of a global, cross functional team focused on delivering results to our customers.
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities while always balancing speed and perfection to deliver quality work to our customer.
• As needed, provide on-call support for a mission-critical system on weekends or after hours. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• 10+ years of Software Development experience using object oriented languages (e.g. Java or C++) and design principles and a Software Development Life-Cycle.
• Expert level C++ or Java programming skills that leverage advanced constructs of the language.
• Extensive knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.
• Experience in writing multi-threaded applications.
• Significant experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
• Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
• SQL/Relational Database Experience.
• Experience in Enterprise Messaging Systems (e.g. IBM MQ/ActiveMQ).
• Experience with Microservices, Restful Web Services, REST APIs, and technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot.
• Experience in version control (Git, RTC, SVN).
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Ability to technically lead a Team.
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Lifelong learner that shares, puts into practice, and teaches what you learn. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• 15+ years preferred of Software Development experience using object oriented languages (e.g. Java or C++) and design principles and a Software Development Life-Cycle.
• Familiarity of railway dispatch operations and terminology
• Experience with Angular 2+ or other TypeScript based web technologies
• Experience with Electron
• Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studios, Visual Studios Code
• Knowledge/Experience with Test Driven Development and Automated Test Frameworks
• GUI Motif application experience Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/