Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Vehicle Maintenance Manager
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Reports to the O&M Maintenance Manager and works in conjunction with this manager to provide leadership, direction and supervision over activities in the following areas: maintenance, inspection, cleaning and repair of passenger vehicle and related equipment.
- Establishes vehicle maintenance operating rules and regulations. Assists in the planning and development, management and implementation of vehicle maintenance policies; ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs reviewing problem or potential problem areas to ascertain the need for changes; develops scheduling and control procedures for rolling stock maintenance; coordinates vehicle maintenance work both within and external to the Office.
- Manages the effective implementation of contingency plans in the event of an emergency involving vehicle and ensures that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment is available to respond on a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations.
- Evaluates, develops, and manages preventive, corrective and overhaul programs for all passenger vehicles as well as work and support equipment.
- Liaise and supervise relevant sub-supplier's staff.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports/recommendations to the O&M Management, as directed by the Maintenance Manager prepares periodic reports to determine possible problem, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the Management
- Provides counsel and guidance, manages personnel and recommends training as needed for Maintence employees.
- Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems.
- Serves as Office representative responsible for ensuring new rail car maintenance systems are maintained and responsive to system and user needs.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience with Passenger Vehicle maintenance and knowledge of Passenger vehicle maintenance plans
- Possesses a strong engineering and maintenance background with successfully demonstrated ability and experience in the management and administration of a comprehensive rapid rail maintenance organization
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly attain a thorough knowledge of the Operation & Maintenance Organization's rules and regulations, monitor maintenance plans and procedures, systems maintenance operational plans and procedures, vehicle maintenance operational plans and procedures.
- Experience in contributing to the identification and solution of complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively deal with employee relations problems and obtain efficacy and efficiency from assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain rapport with employees deal courteously and effectively with others.
- 7+-years' experience
- Background and experience in rail industry
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers