POSITION MISSION: In accordance with the Company Vision, Mission, Values and Management Disciplines, perform System VERIFICATION & VALIDATION (V&V) to support the organisation's and project's objectives; execute and manage System V&V project activities and follow the organisation's System V&V processes.
WITH REFERENCE TO COMPLEX SIGNALING SYSTEMS AND SUBSYSTEMS:
- Ensure the delivery of signalling systems and subsystems in compliance with System Assurance and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
- Guarantee definition of V&V Plans.
- Ensure correct planning of V&V activities.
- Ensure correct identification of Validation strategies to discharge requirements for signalling applications.
- Guarantee verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with System requirements, including Safety requirements identified by the RAMS department.
- Guarantee management and implementation of test specifications, and their execution, to independently validate safety-related functions.
- Ensure that all non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and documented, using appropriate tools as per the company management system
- Support for management and interfacing with the Independent Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
- Ensure periodic review against company Validation policy and KPIs.
- Ensure compliance of the signaling system and subsystem Validation process to the applicable national and international standards.
- Ensure that defects are managed in the corporate tool with all required details and co-ordinate with the Development/Engineering project team for the closure as required.
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant System Assurance Manager
Ensure all activities undertaken in the Company are conducted with due regard to a high level of safety including:
- Setting an example in following and promoting safe work
- Ensuring all activities undertaken comply with applicable Ansaldo STS Workplace Health Safety and Environment policies and procedures
DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES System V&V Process Monitoring and Assurance
System V&V - Training
- Undertake basic monitoring of compliance to System V&V procedures and assist with complex monitoring; including reporting outcomes
- Plan basic monitoring activities of System V&V compliance and assist with complex planning
- Assist with the development of System V&V training
- Assist with the delivery of System V&V training
- Assist with System V&V competency assessments
- Develop regional System V&V processes
Contribute to the development of the culture of continuous improvement including:
- Assisting with the implementation of the IMS initiatives
- Continually reviewing and putting forward ideas to improve the processes and procedures.
EXPERIENCE At least five years experience in signalling or other safety critical engineering area.
At least five years experience in the use of appropriate V&V engineering techniques, such as Boundary Value Analysis, Decision Tables, Equivalence classes, Error Guessing etc.
EDUCATION Engineering Degree or Equivalent Technical Engineering Background.
From 5 up to 10 years of V&V experience