Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Field Inspector/Supervisor
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Mission:
Control & oversight of the project's site installation activities to maintain the highest safety and quality standards and ensure progress complies with the contract schedule. Accountabilities:
- Supervise and inspect all site activities, Signaling, Communications and associated minor civil works to ensure execution in accordance with; Delivery Schedule, Site Specific Work Plans, Approved Work Methods, Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Plans and Approved for Construction Drawings.
- Perform field inspections to evaluate the work performed and materials used; verify quality of workmanship, quality of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates, applicable codes and regulations;
- Note deficiencies and deviations from plans using the non conformance process; refer serious problems and disagreements in interpretation to the Construction Manager
- Complete and submit daily site inspection forms and reports
- Monitor the work progress of the installation, report the daily progress to the Construction Manager, assist with the identification and execution of recovery plans and support the Construction Manager to develop schedule forecasts based upon actual progress.
- Interpret codes, analyze practices and recommend improvements; maintain, update and assure the accuracy of inspection records, inspection documentation and project files.
- Provide customer service; answer questions and concerns related to building codes and requirements; consult with contractors and the client concerning non conformances and formal requests for information; investigate complaints and coordinate effective resolution of conflicts and disagreements; interpret, explain and ensure the application of codes and regulations.
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies:
- communications installation including optical fiber,
- signaling and/or low voltage electrical installation
- Exposure to minor civil works including excavation, boring and trenching is an advantage.
Experience working on active railroad projects is preferable Skills / Knowledge:
- Graduation from high school or GED. Any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to three years' full time employment in professional or paraprofessional engineering or the construction trades involving some responsibility for designing, surveying, contract management and/or construction inspection.
- 3+ years' experience as a Construction Inspector/Supervisor or equivalent
- Trained in confined space and OSHA construction safety.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Strong communication skills.
- Available to work shifts and over weekends.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Technical background
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.