Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Construction Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is currently based Pittsburgh, PA,
but may be required to move locations in the future to support business opportunities within other geographic areas of the United Sates. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Manage the installation of technological systems for the Project/s assigned within the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Define and maintain a Project Installation Schedule throughout the life of the Project.
- Ensure the coordination and supervision of all site activities including civil and technological works in accordance with the Approved Installation Plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Approved for Construction Design and the management of any non-conformances in accordance with the Quality Plan.
- Represent the Project at site coordination meetings with the Client and liaise with various project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders
- Identify and implement recovery actions to maintain the delivery plan in accordance with the contract.
- Lead the interface coordination efforts for site activities with other site stakeholders and Fixed Facilities Contractors, (FFC's) as required for timely completion of the Project
- Report to the Project Manager and VP of Construction on the progress and status of work, forecasting risks and opportunities and reporting any deviations of scope, schedule, cost or quality to the Project Manager to maintain the commercial position of the Project
- Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
- Confer with, and direct personnel and sub-contractors with respect to interpreting specifications and executing safe work methods.
- Manage all aspects of the Projects on-site presence including safety, security and site access for visitors and sub-contractors;
- Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager for handover of the installed system and subsequent test, commissioning and start-up activities
- Support Engineering and Project Management for the timely processing of changes and release of revised plans to expedite progress of the work.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant Construction Management or Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing sub-contractors of various tiers and key stakeholders on projects.
- Knowledge of the specifics attendant to Design-Build projects.
- Excellent understanding of Project Management techniques, planning, and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
- Working knowledge of MS Suite tools
- Demonstrated experience in construction management of rail transit systems and/or transportation systems in urban environments
- Experience with MS Project and/or Primavera P6 Scheduling tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.