Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling & Telecom Technological Site Supervisor
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Supervise and inspect all site telecommunications activities to ensure execution in accordance with the Construction Schedule, Site Specific Work Plans, Approved Work Methods, Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Plans and Approved for Construction Drawings.
- Coordinate with Engineering to ensure the feasibility of installation using formal Site Modification Instructions to deviate from Approved for Construction Drawings where necessary.
- Perform field inspections to ensure compliance with the safety policies and procedures and approved work methods.
- Perform field inspections to evaluate the work performed to verify quality of workmanship, quality of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates, applicable codes and regulations;
- Note deficiencies and deviations from plans using the non-conformance process and refer serious problems and disagreements in interpretation to the Construction Manager
- Complete and submit site inspection forms and reports daily, weekly, monthly according to CM request.
- Monitor the work progress of the installation, report the daily progress to the Construction Manager, assist with the identification and execution of recovery plans and support the Construction Manager to develop schedule forecasts based upon actual progress.
- Interpret codes, analyze practices and recommend improvements; maintain, update and assure the accuracy of inspection records, inspection documentation and project files.
- Provide customer service; answer questions and concerns related to building codes and requirements; consult with contractors and the client concerning non conformances and formal requests for information; investigate complaints and coordinate effective resolution of conflicts and disagreements; interpret, explain and ensure the application of codes and regulations.
- Handover to commissioning using handover process/ documentation and support commissioning team to complete the testing phase.
- Support the Construction Managers approval of Sub contractor invoice by confirming the quantity installed in defined timeframe.
- Coordinate with the civil interface engineer to plan installation according to civil access to avoid potential claims from the subcontractor.
- OSHA construction safety training
- Graduation from high school or GED mandatory. Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of telecommunications inspection and supervision experience
- Knowledge of telecommunication engineering principles
- Knowledge of telecommunications installation methods and costs
- Demonstrated ability to analyze drawings, specifications and technical provisions to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for telecommunications installation.
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines whilst managing changing tasks and demands
- Effective presentation skills
- Available to work shifts and over weekends if required.
- Experience with supervision of telecommunications installation
- Experience working in railways project and/or metro system projects is preferable
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers