Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Signaling Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
- Design wayside interlocking circuits in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
- Program wayside microprocessor devices in accordance with interlocking rules and all related specifications.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Assist with test setup and testing of wayside systems. This includes system integration testing with carborne, office and other systems.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Follow established design principles, procedures and specifications for proper programming of microprocessor devices.
- Assist in developing cost estimates for project bids.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills.
- Display time management skills.
- Display organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in programming fundamentals.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in DC/AC circuit design and analysis.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in Digital Logic design.
Education: Languages: Benefits:
- 1 - 2 years experience with signaling design systems.
- Experience with designing interlocking circuits.
- Experience with relay based logic design.
- Experience with designing microprocessor devices and software signaling logic, including troubleshooting / debugging software.
- Experience with track plan design for interlocking and non-interlocking locations.
- Pursuit of engineering licensure, having passed or are in preparation of taking the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Experience supporting bids and proposals for new work.
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.