Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Trainer
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail Honolulu was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Overall accountability and responsibility for assessing (analyzing), developing, designing, implementing and evaluating (ADDIE) rail maintenance training programs and curriculums.
- Teaches comprehensive training programs to meet the full range of Maintenance objectives.
- Assists training manager in developing training manuals and guides to support maintenance training programs.
- This position requires the ability to work with rail vehicle, signaling, and equipment manufacturers to develop appropriate training programs.
- Develops and conducts theoretical and practical hands-on training, both in the classroom and in the field.
- Instructs and demonstrates utilizing applicable technical data, tools, specialized test equipment, troubleshooting techniques, and inspection/maintenance procedures.
- Ensures that all maintenance employees have satisfied and maintain all required certifications.
- Evaluates maintenance staff including testing, interview, selection, performance, certification, and recertification confirming that all tasks outlined can be performed successfully by means of written and/or practical testing.
- Ensures compliance with maintenance procedures, safety and operating rules.
- Evaluates, determines and initiates remedial action for employees with demonstrated service problems through monitoring performance in collaboration with staff development assistant and training manager.
- Uses current training techniques (e.g., lecture, demonstration, student participation, question and answer, student evaluation, etc.) Prepares and maintains current training aids, video, equipment simulators, and mockups.
- Confirms the availability of classroom space and organizes the classroom, mock-up, and visual aid equipment at time and place of specified training.
- Prepares and presents oral/written reports/recommendations relative to maintenance procedures, personnel requirements, training needs and equipment evaluation.
- Ensures appropriate training records are maintained within the learning management system (LMS).
- Prepares weekly and periodic training reports and memoranda, as necessary.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of AC/DC circuits, digital and analog circuits, and electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of complex electrical, electronic and digital circuits and mechanical equipment and maintenance standard operating procedures.
- Ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of the Operations and Maintenance Organization operating equipment, Handbook of Rules, SOP's, safety rules, general orders, personnel policies and procedures, and instruction, training and testing techniques.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to a group or individual in a clear and concise manner within a classroom, maintenance shop or field setting.
- Ability to develop training curricula for all maintenance functions such as Automatic Train Control, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Rail Vehicle Systems, Traction Power, etc.
- Ability to work variable hours and shifts.
- 2+ years' training or teaching experience
- Background and experience in rail maintenance, maintenance, or education
- Associates Degree
- Years of experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers