Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Engineering Manager
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Follows up on any technical trouble that could arise during revenue service. Proposes solutions and works with the relevant designers to involve them in the solution of any systematic or design fault.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance project wide.
- Provides engineering and construction solutions in collaboration and coordination with Manufacturers.
- Assists in directing the activities of all general and special engineering consultants.
- Serves as the contracting officer's representative for the general engineering consultant and other contracts as assigned.
- Represents the Operations & Maintenance Organization in technical meetings with the authorities, industry, and other organizations as necessary.
- Participates, giving technical advice, in negotiating systems related utility agreements.
- Coordinates "in-house" designs and analyses with Manufactures.
- Oversees the preparation of the office budget and monitoring of expenditures to ensure that needs are met.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of project management and engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill sufficient to apply new developments in the solution of novel engineering, technical and project management problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of the engineering disciplines of facilities (civil and track, structures and buildings, electro-mechanical), systems (automatic fare collection, automatic train control, communications, computer systems, station and traction power), railcar and their
associated design criteria and standards. Plus specific transit experience and expertise in at least one of the above disciplines.
- Ability and knowledge to analyze and integrate principles and practices of facilities, systems or vehicle engineering.
- Ability to comprehend various types and levels of technical, contractual and legal documentation.
- Ability to remain abreast of the state of-the-art developments in areas related to assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective liaisons and working relationships with those individuals and organizations with whom interface is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- 5 - 7+-years' experience
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in liaising with project stakeholders in the development of project schedules, while identifying milestones and critical paths.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs /