Job description Ansaldo Honolulu JV (AHJV)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Train Operations Manager
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
AHJV is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture between Ansaldo STS and Hitachi Rail Italy, which was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. AHJV has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
AHJV believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision for the operation and management over revenue service activities on the line, in stations, and in the Operation Control Center.
- Ensures effective implementation of various operating plans and schedules, including special events.
- Implements operating rules and regulations; assists in the planning and development, management and implementation of policies; ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs reviewing problem or potential areas to ascertain the need for changes; develops scheduling and control procedures for the operation of the rail transit system.
- Manages the effective implementation of contingency plans in the event of an emergency, and that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment is available to respond on a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations; ensures the operation of the rail transit system is maintained to the highest standards.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports/recommendations within areas of assigned responsibility as may be appropriate; prepares periodic reports to determine possible problems, trends or other items of concern to be brought to management's attention.
- Prepares annual and long-range forecasts of Operation activities for budgetary and other management purposes.
- Evaluates, analyzes and monitors the performance of System operations. Provides recommendations and assists in the development of corrective action to be taken to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures the highest on-time performance and headway adherence. Provides effective counsel and guidance; manages personnel and renders performance appraisal evaluations.
- Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems.
- Serves as department representative responsible for ensuring all new installations related to the line, stations, trains and control center is state-of-the-art and responsive to the rail system and user needs
- Establish procedures to ensure that communications between operating, maintenance and support areas result in the most efficient and safe rail service
- Prepares and manages the effective implementation of contingency plans in the event of an emergency, and that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment is available to respond on a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations ; ensures the operation of the rail system is maintained to the highest standards.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Extensive experience and highly skilled as an OCC controller, control room manager or similar position.
- Ability to manage several different tasks at the same time while directing train movement.
- Ability to evaluate the work of employees, develop procedures, rules and schedules and instruct employees on operation and safety procedures.
- Knowledge and of all central systems (ATS, SCADA, communications etc.)
- Experience in contributing to the identification and solution of complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively deal with employee relations problems and obtain efficacy and efficiency from assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain rapport with employees deal courteously and effectively with others.
- 10-12+-years' experience
- Background and experience in rail industry
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in liaising with project stakeholders in the development of project schedules, while identifying milestones and critical paths.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
AHJV employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers