Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Manager
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail Honolulu is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture between Hitachi Rail STS and Hitachi Rail Italy, which was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. Hitachi Rail Honolulu has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
Hitachi Rail Honolulu believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision for the operation and management over maintenance activities that encompasses: Passenger Vehicles, ATC equipment, TES equipment, Track and SCADA equipment.
- Ensures effective implementation of various maintenance plans and schedules.
- Establishes maintenance rules and regulations; assists in the planning and development, management and implementation of policies; ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs reviewing problem or potential areas to ascertain the need for changes.
- Manages the effective implementation of contingency plans in the event of an emergency, and that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment is available to respond on a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations; ensures the operation of the rail system is maintained to the highest
standards and in accordance with all applicable codes.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports/recommendations within areas of assigned responsibility as may be appropriate; prepares periodic reports to determine possible problems, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the management's attention.
- Prepares annual and long-range forecasts of all maintenance activities for budgetary and other management purposes.
- Evaluates, analyzes and monitors the maintenance activities. Provides recommendations and assists in the development of corrective action to be taken to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures the highest on-time performance and headway adherence. Provides effective counsel and guidance; manages personnel and renders performance appraisal evaluations in according with the Authority personnel manual and guidelines.
- Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems.
- Responsible for developing, planning and implementing preventive maintenance and replacement programs.
- Conducts studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special project offer as directed.
- Ensures that communications between operating, maintenance and support areas result in the most efficient and safe rail service
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Possesses a strong engineering and maintenance background with successfully demonstrated ability and experience in the management and administration of a comprehensive rapid rail maintenance organization
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly attain a thorough knowledge of the Operation & Maintenance Organization's rules and regulations, monitor maintenance plans and procedures, systems maintenance operational plans and procedures, vehicle maintenance operational plans and procedures.
- Experience in effectively supervising all rail transit track, structures, systems and vehicle maintenance functions.
- Experience in contributing to the identification and solution of complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively deal with employee relations problems and obtain efficacy and efficiency from assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain rapport with employees deal courteously and effectively with others.
- 10-12+-years' experience
- Background and experience in rail industry
- Excellent understanding of project management techniques, in addition to effective planning and scheduling skills.
Hitachi Rail Honolulu employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers