Job description Hitachi Rail USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Maintenance Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Role and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Provides leadership, direction and management of activities in the following areas: Communications, Carbon Control, Wayside Automatic Train Control Equipment Maintenance and related shop and material activities.
- Establishes and promulgates operating rules and regulations related to maintenance; assists in the planning and development, management and implementation of maintenance policies; ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs; reviews problem or potential problem areas to ascertain the need for changes; develops scheduling and control procedures for way side equipment, passenger vehicle and TLC maintenance; coordinates maintenance work both within and external to the office.
- Effectively manages the implementation of preventive, corrective maintenance programs for the whole systems.
- Ensures that effective and adequate contingency plans are provided in the event of an emergency and that properly trained personnel and appropriate equipment are available to respond in a timely basis in order to rectify the problem and restore normal operations; ensures that the Subsystems are maintained to the highest operating standards and in accordance with all applicable codes.
- Prepares and presents timely oral and/or written reports/ recommendations within areas of assigned responsibility as may be appropriate. Prepares periodic reports to determine possible problems, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the attention of the General Manager.
- Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the Client O&M Organization's personnel manual and union contracts.
- Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special project officer as directed.
- Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems.
- Manages the resources assigned to the office in order to optimize the effective and efficient utilization of these resources, both hourly and salaried.
Education: Languages: Benefits:
- Possesses a strong engineering and maintenance background with successfully demonstrated ability and experience in the management and administration of a comprehensive rapid rail maintenance organization
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly attain a thorough knowledge of the O&M Organization's rules and regulations, maintenance plans and procedures, systems maintenance operational plans and procedures, vehicle maintenance operational plans and procedures and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Experience in effectively supervising a maintenance team and systems and vehicle maintenance operational functions.
- Experience in contributing to the identification and solution of complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively and equitably deal with labor relations problems.
- Ability to obtain the highest efficiency from assigned staffing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain a rapport with employees and other personnel as well as outside officials and the ability to deal courteously and effectively with others.
- 5 - 10 years of industry experience
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.