Job ID: 44361
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Description Provide classification of current parts, equipment and new parts using Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTF) and Schedule B. This requires someone who is a methodical thinker and a problem solver.
- Receive and process shipment notifications – such as entering in the system database, prepare broker instruction letters to brokers for import (BIL), audit entry docs, scanning and filing once shipment is completed.
- Be able to monitor, file and report Reconciliation Entries and liquidation dates
- Maintain task logs- Assist/Tooling/For Reconciliation, HTS/Equipment,etc.
- Maintain internal local content database by acquiring country of origin information from suppliers.
- Help maintain accurate country of origin information in the shipping database.
- Create and report local content reporting programs (NAFTA, AALA, CAFE, Manufacturers Affidavit, etc.) including all reporting duties to customers and/or the government.
- Conduct and complete quarterly internal export audits
- Excellent communication skills to support day to day communication with internal and external contacts.
- Conduct export screening and “prohibited Parties” as required per Federal law mandates
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Continuous education required - Internal and external training for position
- Assist on projects as needed or help the group on other daily tasks, etc
A minimum of two years in Import/Export - HTS classification, Compliance, Reconciliation,
Duty Drawback, and local content reporting programs preferred
Degree in related field preferred
organizational, verbal and written communication skills
computer skills- such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, etc
to communicate and represent Hitachi in an ethical and professional manner with
internal and external contacts via telephone and in person and perform each
essential duty satisfactorily