This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42638
Date Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Europe Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Finance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Senior Internal Auditor (fluent in Japanese)
Business Group Overview
The Hitachi Europe Internal Audit department provides professional services in a fast growing and changing business. Hitachi Europe is planning to increase its revenue significantly both through organic growth and acquisitions whilst modernising and streamlining its processes. This role will provide an opportunity to be part of a growing team of professional advisors, providing audit and advisory services to group companies across various industries and various European countries. The key services Hitachi Europe Internal Audit provides are Japanese Sarbanes-Oxley (J-SOX) audits and self-audits, as well as a range of advisory services such as accounting advice, tax compliance, M&A transaction advice, data analytics, risk management, Brexit advice and many more. The Hitachi Europe Internal Audit department is based both in London and Maidenhead offices.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for undertaking audits, reporting findings including making recommendations to address areas of non-conformance, and assisting line management in understanding areas and aspects of non-conformance. They will also have the opportunity to assist the Head of Internal Audit and other team members in liaising with key stakeholders, both in Europe and Japan.
The job holder will ensure all operations within the business conform to financial and governance policies and procedures through the completion of audits. This role requires independent working as a professional internal auditor and close collaboration with auditees to undertake audits and develop and implement improvement plans based on internal audit findings. This role will involve some international and UK travel which is estimated at between 30%-50% per annum.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 18th December 2019.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
• Where required, assist the Head of Internal Audit and team members in liaising with stakeholder management, both in Europe and in Japan. This may include verbal, written and face-to-face activities and preparing documents in both Japanese and English, where required.
• Undertake audit plans (including J-SOX and self-audits) for a specified area of business or area of audit, summarise and report findings, in order to identify areas of non-compliance and ensure full financial compliance with relevant internal and external rules and regulations, and to reduce fraud risk.
• Work with line managers to ensure they have a full and complete understanding and acceptance of areas of audit non-conformance.
• Partner with business and process owners in developing practical recommendations which balances the needs of the business, improves risk management and compliance requirements.
• Assess the design and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control framework for specified areas of an organisation, and make recommendations that are practical, add value and assist management in achieving its objectives.
• Develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, related departments and support business development activities. This is relevant to Japanese stakeholders in particular, where the Senior Internal Auditor will be able to utilise their Japanese communication skills.
• Contribute to the overall management of auditees and other key stakeholders.
Advice and Guidance
• Provide advice and guidance to management on financial and audit management issues and controls.
Performance monitoring and improvement
Support control and business process owners in:
• establishing and managing compliance controls and measures to monitor performance, amend and/or create new measures to ensure that as the business develops relevant controls are in place.
• developing and implementing plans to deliver performance improvement (e.g. compliance, financial, operational), promote acceptance by line management, such that the standards of compliance are achieved.
New business development
• Support the Centre of Excellence Lead – Head of Internal Audit and Internal Audit Manager to identify opportunities for increasing the scope and quality of services delivered and contribute to achieving this.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Fully fluent and proficient in English and Japanese is essential, both written and spoken
• Excellent communication skills, particularly experience of interacting with senior management
• Good understanding of business systems and procedures
• Good knowledge of audit techniques for financial, business and operational control and risk management
• Proven track record of providing high quality services efficiently
• Ability to adapt communication style to other cultures
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the organisation and internal customers.
• J-SOX/ SOX audit experience is preferred
• Advisory experience is an advantage
• M&A / Transaction experience is an advantage
• At least part-professionally qualified is preferred e.g. CIA, PIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
• Previous experience with Big5 accounting firm in an audit /control function is preferred.
Hitachi Europe Ltd (HEU) is a regional headquarters based in Maidenhead, England (west of London). The company’s European operations employ over 400 people to deliver services and solutions to customers in several key business areas. The company's portfolio includes digital media products, industrial components and equipment, European procurement and sourcing, research and design, information systems.
HEU is also responsible for managing a Shared Services Group that provides the company's subsidiaries in Europe with a range of innovative and effective common services that deliver value, create ‘lean’ processes and support growth and development - including HR, IT, Legal, Finance, Public Affairs and Business Development.
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, Hitachi also provides an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits
• 25 days per annum holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
• A holiday banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
• Group personal pension (employer contribution is currently a maximum of 9% of your salary)
• Private medical insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
• Employee assistance programme available to all employees
• Personal accident insurance.
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
• Cycle to work scheme
• Gym membership
• Dental insurance with option to include dependent children
• Health screening