This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42885
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Healthcare
Company Name: Performance Controls, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
This is a Temp to Perm Role
Under limited supervision, performs semi-routine and moderately complex mechanical assembly and testing related to the manufacture of RF ion linear accelerators. Works from drawings and written instructions. Will provide other support functions in the Manufacturing group as directed by the Mechanical Production Supervisor.
essential job functions:
1. Perform mechanical assembly at Linear Accelerator System level which encompasses mechanical structure, vacuum system, cooling system, RF components, and electrical/electronic assembly.
2. Assembles mechanical sub-assemblies at sub-assembly level. Some assemblies involve electrical, electronic, and RF components. Interface with the electronic/electrical assemblers.
3. Maintain the assembly documents such as job travelers to make sure they are up to date. Communicate with Engineering, QA and Document Control on any issue that may arise in the manufacturing area.
4. Support Engineers in testing of Linac Subsystem components.
5. Support the machine shop, fabrication and welding area.
6. Performs routine maintenance of tools and cleaning of machine shop and mechanical assembly area as directed by Supervisor.
7. Perform Material Handling Task for the company
- Receive, unpack and issue material and supplies in stockroom and warehouse.
- Check goods received against bills of lading, purchase orders or other documents to verify correctness of incoming shipments.
- Build production kits from bills of materials (BOM) and maintains the necessary clerical records.
other job functions:
physical activities required to perform essential job functions:
Lift and carry up to 35 pounds. Communicate by speech and hearing continuously. eyes and the reading of drawings, blueprints and documents. Movement to travel by airplane, train, bus and automobile.
mental activities required to perform essential job functions:
Moderate reading, writing, computer and math skills.
Works alone and with others in a general office, product assembly, laboratory and machine shop environment.
H.S. diploma or equivalent. Ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
1 year minimum experience in precision mechanical assembly preferably on the large capital equipment or scientific equipment, or equivalent educational experience.
Knowledge and experience in high vacuum system and cooling system is desirable. Familiarity with instrumentation, gages, and sensors is desirable.
Experience with welding principles, machine shop tools, and machinery is a plus.