Job ID: 42930
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): New Graduate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With over 3,600 hard-working employees in three U.S. Manufacturing plants, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking for Assembly Operators to work on new and existing production lines in our VTC Assembly Department at our Monroe, Georgia location. Positions are available on D shift (Monday through Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm) and E shift (Monday through Thursday 8:30pm - 7:00am). We are seeking Assembly Operators who are comfortable with a high speed production process as well as attention to detail to ensure that a quality product is produced in a safe manner for our customers. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Assembly Operator will perform all tasks involved in the production of Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. (HIAMS AM GA’s) products. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as safe and efficient as possible.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Work according to operator instruction sheets and/or verbal instructions to effectively perform operations.
2. Must have the ability to learn correct handling of parts and have basic understanding of products.
3. Able to learn operations 10 – 40 for a single product line.
4. Visually and manually check for defects in product or workmanship.
5. Maintain clean and orderly work area utilizing the 5S policy in all aspects of processes, procedures and daily activities.
6. In all processes and functions, comply with work instructions and procedures to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to TS16949 and ISO14000 and customer quality standards.
7. Must be able to adapt to changes agreed to by the leadership team.
8. Suggest and implement continuous improvement programs.
9. Communicate machine issues and failures with support staff and co-workers.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. Position requires prolonged standing. The employee occasionally is required to; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; focus on tasks being performed with hands and with little distraction; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work performed in a Plant environment. Required to wear hat, safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).