Job ID: 42994
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for Material Handler II to work A shift (Monday through Friday 6:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.) , B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. to 11:10 p.m.) and C shift (Monday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.). in our Warehouse Department. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Material Handler moves, either manually, by hand truck, by pack mule, or by fork truck, materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated places in the facility or onto trucks. Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials. The Material Handler II must also check products for defects and accuracy as well as any other task assign by supervisor.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Work from parts lists, packing lists, receiving reports, production schedules, and warehouse PCs to order, receive, count, store, issue, load, identify and locate materials.
2. Ensure uninterrupted production with tight inventory control.
3. Monitor progress of supplies, materials, parts and assemblies for early detection of
4. Perform cycle counts.
5. Coordinate release of parts, reworks, finished goods or supplies to internal departments and external suppliers/customers.
6. Ensure that appropriate documentation accompanies all activities.
7. Ensure inventory rotation using FIFO principle of receipt and issue.
8. As requested by Supervisor, functionally direct, train, assist and/or substitute for other material handlers.
9. Handle packaging procedures to ensure safety of shipment.
10. Ensure that product quantity and description match the load sheet
11. Pull, pack and ship finished goods
12. Process customer’s orders by ensuring that the right shipment is shipped
13. Ensure that all customer’ receipts (ASN) are accurate and done in a timely manner.
14. Ensure that all received product is accurate and place in the correct storage area according to the receiving process.
15. Follow all department processes and procedures.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
1. 1 year warehouse inventory experience (shipping, receiving, clerk)
2. Forklift experience helpful.
3. Must be safety-oriented and very detail-oriented.
4. Must be able to lift 30 pounds continuously.
5. Basic computer skills.
6. Data entry or prior database use, a plus.
7. Prior automotive manufacturing experience desired.
8. Prior forklift experience desired.
9. Stand up lift experience desired.
10. Experience with RF scanners and AS400 system desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, bend and walk consistently for 8 to 12 hours. The employee occasionally is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Frequently works in hot and cold environment. Frequently works weekend and OT hours.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).