This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 43013
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Human Resources
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Hitachi America, Ltd. ( He/she will also be responsible for the administration associated with various employee benefit programs, which may include but not be limited to: health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness, and flexible spending accounts), retirement benefits (401(k), deferred compensation and related programs.) is looking for an experienced Benefits Project Manager to join our Corporate Human Resources team. The Benefits Project Manager will be responsible for managing and executing benefits projects pertaining to program compliance and vendor engagements.
· Manage and execute benefit projects pertaining to program compliance and vendor engagements (such as carrier RFP’s and implementations, benefit plan changes and plan testing).
· Oversee the communication and delivery of written and verbal information that will be sent to employees, former employees and Hitachi group companies regarding benefit programs, procedures, changes and government-mandated disclosures.
· Coordinate with the benefits team and external benefit providers to ensure the legal compliance of benefit programs.
· Coordinate activities related to the administration, implementation, communication and delivery of benefits and related services for all active and former/retired participants. These plans include health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness, and flexible spending accounts), retirement benefits (401(k), deferred compensation) and related programs.
· Mediate between benefit providers and employees/Hitachi group companies (ex. by assisting in handling escalated employee benefit issues).
· Maintain knowledge of benefit program trends and prevailing practices among similar organizations, including other Hitachi group companies.
· Manage and/or participate in the annual health and welfare open enrollment process.
· Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in HR, Business or Finance.
· Minimum of 15 years benefits administration experience in a multi-benefit program environment including Health and Welfare benefits, Retirement benefits and related benefit programs is required.
· Minimum of 5 years benefit management experience is required.
· Minimum of 3 years supervisory and/or people management experience is required.
· CEBS or other Benefits/HR Certifications are preferred.
· Deferred comp experience is a plus.
· Must possess working knowledge and hands on experience with statutory benefit requirements.
· Knowledge of benefits administration, including ERISA, Section 125 regulations, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, IRS, FLSA regulations, Health Care Reform and any other benefit program legal requirements.
· Strong PC skills including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and previous HRIS experience.
· An understanding of databases/tables and the ability to efficiently transfer/upload small and large quantities of data between different internal and external tools.
· Knowledge of and exposure to the SAP HR Module, ADP payroll systems and Workday is preferred.
· A background in basic accounting/data management and excellent analytical skills are required in order to reconcile, calculate and process numerical data and information with the purpose of performing, verifying, and auditing benefit analyses/calculations and to oversee issue resolution.
· Experience in managing the implementation of benefit programs/carriers/vendors, as well as benefit vendor management experience.
· Experience in the development of benefit communications.
· Strong verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
· Project management skills and experience, as well as strong organizational skills.
· Business Process Outsourcing experience is preferred.
· Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of employees and external benefit providers.
· Excellent attention to detail, and ability to maintain confidential information.
· Ability to travel approximately 5 – 10%.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities