The Sr. Software Design
Engineer is primarily responsible for developing software component design
specifications, based on the software architecture design specification. The
software component design specifications are the deliverable to the software
coders, so they are very detailed - specifying the static structure and the
dynamic behavior of the software component.
The engineer will monitor the
work of the software coders and testers, providing direction and clarification
as needed. Participate or lead code reviews, unit test reviews, and
functional/integration test reviews.
The engineer will follow the
lead of a Software Architect, and may support the architect in parsing customer
requirements, developing sub-sections of a software requirements specification
or developing sub-sections of a software architecture specification.
Includes the following
(other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some
duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at each
specific (HIAMS)AM site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of
software component design specifications
software unit test specifications
software design reviews
technical impact analysis for software change requests
technical risks in the design, and develop mitigation strategies
software coders work progress; develop source code as necessary to maintain
or lead code reviews, unit test reviews, and integration test reviews
development of software requirements specification (SRS) and software
architecture specification sub-sections, if needed by the software architect
development of integration test specification sub-sections, if needed by the
source code integration, diff, merge, branching, check-in, etc., if needed by
the software coders
unit test and integration test execution, if needed by the software testers
of Science Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
years' experience in writing embedded software in C with knowledge of Eclipse
IDE or similar preferred.
- Microcontrollers. 32-bit automotive multi-core micros. Renesas E2x/U2A/RH850
family; Infineon Aurix TCxx family; TI Soc DRA80x/AM65xfamily.
- Microcontroller Hardware. Timers (GTM,TPU,WDT), Memory (SDRAM,DDRAM,eMMC, FLASH, ECC, DMA),
Peripherals (ETHERNET,CAN,SENT,UART,LIN,SPI), Safety (SMU, FCCU), etc.
- Hardware IC Devices. Character and Block device drivers, H-Bridge, injection drivers,
knock drivers, WRAF drivers, CAN Transceivers, etc.
- Software Design Tools. Requirements modeling, UML modeling, AUTOSAR configuration, RTOS
configuration, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Software Development Tools. Cross compilers, static code analysis, in-circuit debuggers,
serial communication tools, HIL systems, measurement & calibration tools.
- Test Equipment. Oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, current probes, function
- Software Process/Standards. V-Model, MISRA, ASPICE, ISO26262.
- Communication Protocols. CAN, CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet(AVB,TSN 100base-T/1000Base-T,
IEEE802.3AB, 802.3bu). UDS,
GMLAN, FNOS, J1939, IEEE15765.
- Application Domains. ADAS, Powertrain control ECU, Basic Software (BSW).
- Software Architecture. Basic Software, Low Level Drivers, Board Support Package, Boot
Code, BIOS, Embedded linux.
with crypto algorithms, and cryptographic authentication method
to read schematics, electrical block diagrams, and IC datasheets.
verbal and written English skills