Job ID: 43094
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Senior Design Researcher
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D – Design Lab
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a Senior Design Researcher to join our laboratory in R&D in Santa Clara, California. The successful candidate will be part of a small and growing team performing design research for various solutions for Hitachi. We are looking for a candidate with experience and ability to conduct field research, analyze data and report and communicate results to stakeholders and designers. The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating, planning, and executing research projects based on customer’s and Hitachi’s business requirements, and translating the findings into requirements for solutions that generate value to customers, Hitachi, and the society at large. This individual may also be involved in providing guidance to interdisciplinary project team members with varying degree of project experiences, while reporting to Lab and Hitachi America’s management.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, or related field.
· 7+ years of industry experience conducting social science research.
· 2+ years of industry experience conducting design research.
· Experience conducting research related to technology and innovation is a strong plus.
· Demonstratable ability to extract insights from research data and translate the insights into design requirements.
· Experience in conducting research within business-to-business contexts is a strong plus.
· Experience with various research methodologies including ethnography, observation, interviews, literature research, surveys, etc.
· Experience planning and managing projects from start to finish.
· Natural skill for engaging with research participants, project team members and other stakeholders.
· Excellent communication and analytical skills.
· Ability to travel for work as needed.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities