This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 43602
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
DescriptionThroughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for Material Handlers to work A shift (Monday through Friday 6:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.), B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. to 11:10 p.m.) and C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50 p.m. to 7:10 a.m.) in our Warehouse department. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Material Handler moves, either manually, by hand truck, or by fork truck, materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated places in the facility or onto trucks. Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Work from parts lists, packing lists, receiving reports, production schedules, and warehouse PCs to order, receive, count, store, issue, load, identify and locate materials.
2. Ensure uninterrupted production with tight inventory control.
3. Monitor progress of supplies, materials, parts and assemblies for early detection of shortages.
4. Perform cycle counts.
5. Coordinate release of parts, reworks, finished goods or supplies to internal departments and external suppliers/customers.
6. Ensure that appropriate documentation accompanies all activities.
7. Ensure inventory rotation using FIFO principle of receipt and issue.
8. As requested by Supervisor, functionally direct, train, assist and/or substitute for other material handlers.
9. Operate handling equipment as required (pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.).
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 year warehouse inventory experience
3. Forklift experience helpful.
4. Must be safety-oriented and detail-oriented.
5. Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
6. Basic computer skills.
7. Data entry or prior database use, a plus.
8. Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).