HITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
Title: Financial Reporting Analyst
Job Status: Full-time
Admin Finance, SFO
Mgr; F&A Dept
A very detailed oriented individual is needed to be responsible
for the financial statements of the company as well as being responsible for
the monthly closing process. The
individual in this role will also manage the budgeting process and handle the
fixed assets of the organization.
Financial Closing Process
- Conduct variance analysis of business units’ orders/sales/expenses
in conjunction with monthly closing process including divisional rolling
- Perform balance sheet fluctuation analysis
including related explanations
- Analyze performance of business units and
identify improvement opportunities (i.e. cost savings, expense reductions,
- Assist in preparation of financial audit
Budget Process Owner
- Monitor and review financial statement accounts
for reasonableness and accuracy throughout the month
- Process closing entries, eliminating entries,
and other month end adjusting entries
- Conduct the closing process, including closing
check list, and prepare preliminary P/L statement (prompt report)
- Finalize the closing process including running
expense allocations cycles and financial statements
- Prepare financial reporting documents (ie.
monthly business achievement reports, quarterly schedules relating to SEC
reporting, footnote disclosure information).
- Maintain master schedule of budgeting process
- Assist in the preparation process of
Administration budget (i.e. common expenses, allocation calculations,
departmental expense review, data input etc.)
- Update calculation and data entry of distribution
and assessment cycles in SAP.
- Oversee the budget data entry process of all
divisions into SAP.
- Conduct monthly analysis of budget to actual data and provide variance
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Maintain fixed asset policy for HTA
- Process fixed asset activity and depreciation in
- Prepare quarterly, term and annual reports
relating to fixed assets
- Budget appropriate level of expense for each
- Conduct and coordinate physical inventory counts
of fixed assets
- Maintain Corporate Approval SharePoint site and
upload invoices and link to Fixed Assets.
- Participate in departmental projects which take
place on an ongoing basis (i.e. expense savings efforts, process improvements,
- Support Year-End financial statement audit
process and J-Sox annual process.
- Accuracy – ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly, timely)
thinker – ability to initiate and carry out change
- Organization – highly organized person required - ability to handle
multiple priorities at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
degree in Accounting \ Finance
or MBA in Finance preferred
- Minimum 3 years related corporate accounting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
of IFRS, US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and financial reporting requirements
- Strong computer skills required, Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills, Word,
SAP Hana a plus
of fixed asset accounting; lease accounting; and month-end closing
- Knowledge of variance analysis, budget and forecasting
company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions
and basic duties have been included. It
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities