TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
TITLE: Field Service
NAME: NSD – Service
TO TITLE: District
is an entry level position. The Field
Service Engineer will spend approximately 75% of his/her time in training,
under close supervision while typically receiving detailed instructions on all
jobs; acquire job skills and learn company polices and procedures to perform
routine tasks; learn installation procedure of specific tools along with preventive
maintenance (PM) and basic operations. Additional
training programs will be given to develop specific instrument skills,
knowledge and service techniques. The Field
Service Engineer will be interfacing with customers and developing
relationships with co-workers and managers.
- Maintain appropriate records of all work performed and training
- Comply and adhere to company policies.
- Must have and retain valid driver’s license in state of residency. Must be insurable by our insurance
- Must be eligible for and receive company credit card.
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to
- Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
- Complete assigned formal training with a grade of 75 or more on test(s).
- Complete assigned on-the-job training (OJT), with the goal of
- Manage and maintain traveling inventory according to department policy
- Protect and maintain company property (i.e., traveling inventory,
company care, test equipment, tools, etc.).
- Receive and return messages and service calls from customers in a professional
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel.
- Must have an Associate of Science degree in electronics or
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
(On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong
preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with
management, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate information to customers
and manager regarding service activities and schedules.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry as applied to our
- Experience using digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, hand tools and
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Physics and Chemistry.
- Demonstrate ability to follow precise instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to perform selected routine service calls (preventive
maintenance and basic emergency service) on one or more models of a product
line (measured by instrument certification).
- Demonstrate ability to hookup and obtain a beam on instruments selected
by immediate manager.
AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work from schematics using various test equipment and
mathematical calculations specific to electronics.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, service department
personnel and others.
- Electronics, mechanical and computer skills.
- Equipment specific operation skills.
- Ability to provide preventive maintenance and basic emergency service
on specified instruments.
- Ability to hook up and obtain a beam on specified instruments.
- Ability to see small objects within a confined area with or without
- Ability to identify and distinguish color-codes with or without
- Ability to quickly transport from location to location (i.e., air, car,
etc.) with or without accommodations.
- Ability to transport parts and tool box from car to equipment site with
or without accommodations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb. with or without accommodations.
- Hand-eye coordination at a level to support activities with very fine
(delicate) to large, leveraged type items with or without accommodations.
- Ability to communicate and receive communication via telephone and
pager with or without accommodations.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to hear audible noises.
above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Employer: EOE -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities