Job ID: 44031
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Status: Full-Time Internship
Term: September 2019-March 2020
Hours: 9am-6pm (with a one-hour lunch break), Monday - Friday
Hourly Compensation: TBD
The Hitachi America, Ltd. () is looking for a candidate currently pursuing their Master’s/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related engineering field to join our Research & Development team as an intern. The intern will be involved in cutting edge research for automotive industry. The research field will encompass development of connected vehicle software and cloud based applications utilizing machine learning algorithms. The position is required to have a sound knowledge on programming languages, cloud applications, and data management. During the period of the internship, the candidate is expected to work with researchers of the Automotive Product Research Lab and Hitachi Automotive Systems to optimize the solutions and fit the current vehicle level systems.
· Must be currently enrolled in Ph.D./Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or in a related engineering field.
· Experience with database design and database programming in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB or related database management system
· Experience in building cloud-based API platforms or solutions
· Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms using frameworks such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, or Keras
· Knowledge of creating user interface dashboard using Tableau or Qlikview
· Knowledge of Digital Twin technologies, such as cloud-based simulation is preferred
· Knowledge on connected and autonomous vehicle is preferred
· Knowledge of working with embedded system (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Nvidia Jetson) is preferred
· Good literature survey, documentation writing, & communication skills
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to email@example.com. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.