This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44095
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Healthcare
Company Name: Performance Controls, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Performance Controls, Inc. (PCI) manufactures high performance Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) amplifiers used in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and in motion control applications which directly relate to the quality of life for people around the world. In MRI applications, our amplifiers improve image quality to better diagnose and treat disease. As an example of a motion control application, our amplifiers are used in airport Doppler weather radar systems contributing to the outstanding takeoff and landing safety record of airlines operating in the US. We have contributed to the state-of the-art of PWM power, and received numerous patents for our developments. To learn more about us, our products, and our applications, please visit our website: www.pcipa.com.
We are a growing company driven by challenging applications, world class engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. We are looking for quality people who want to make a difference.
Performance Controls, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The purpose of this position is to support the growth of our business with customers in China and Hong Kong by giving efficient local technical support to customers. This role is accountable for increasing customer satisfaction by troubleshooting technical and performance problems with PCI systems, shortening the system down time of customers, and accelerating the time for customers to qualify PCI products. This role requires previous technical service experience with Industrial or medical OEMs. Previous experience in MRIs, medical imaging or power and motor electronics is a plus. Up to 70% working time at customer sites and HMSC is required, including occasional international travel. The candidate ideally will be located in Suzhou.
1. Provides daily technical support to customers
· Provides customers with guidance for solving technical problems while using PCI products.
· Travel independently to customer sites to solve technical, performance, or other issues pertaining to PCI products as required
· Repair PCI products at both customer sites and HMSC.
· Write service reports stating the diagnosis, the repair information, and the corrective actions need to be conducted.
· Support HMSC production failure including final product testing
· Partner with engineers in the US to obtain senior support and feedback regarding the latest product situations at customer sites.
2. Provides application support to and customers
· Serve as a liaison between customers and PCI personnel to ensure that customers’ specifications are effectively communicated to PCI personnel and PCI solutions are properly explained and understood by customers
· Provides training to existing customers regarding how to use PCI products in the most effective manner including the use of Insight, PCI’s proprietary GPA software.
· Attends internal and external training seminars to become familiar with products, methods and industry trends
3. Provides market information for internal uses
· Collects information from customers and market (i.e. customer’s projects progress, competitor’s action, competitor products performance, etc.).
· 2-3 years working experience as service/support technician/engineer
· Experience with and knowledge of MRI and proton beam applications or gradient amplifiers is a plus
· Frequent domestic travel by air and land up to 30% of time. Occasional international travel, especially during the initial training period. (US visa eligible).
· Fluent in written and spoken English. Can read and comprehend English technical documents independently.
· Strong communication skills (i.e. to communicate with customers, prospects, vendors, and colleagues)
· Strong customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction
· Ability to serve a liaison to communicate and coordinate with both PCI personnel and customers
· Strong technical writing skills
· Proficiency with MS Office tools to prepare service reports
· Self-motivated and can work without close supervision
· Team player who works effectively and collaboratively with colleagues
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering or similar technical discipline or, alternatively, work experience in a discipline that can be reasonably related to PCI product applications.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
· If home-based, a dedicated and quiet work space at home would be required
· Daily communication via telephone, email and in-person
· Ability to travel by air, car, train, etc; withstanding frequent business trips
· Lift and carry at least 15 kg.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and bend/stretch to look at customer equipment