This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44371
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Particle Therapy Division (PTD)
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Status: Temp to Perm, Full-Time for 6 months
Shifts: 12 hour shifts (24 hour coverage)
Hitachi America, Ltd. (http://www.hitachi-america.us/) is looking for an experienced Maintenance and Service Technician to provide service and maintenance for the Proton Beam Therapy System, which is used for treating cancer at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, and the associated support systems as assigned. The Service Technician will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance. The Technician will work as part of the team to ensure compliance of technical and mechanical programs such as; worker safety, spare parts program, tool management, equipment tagging, facility procedure compliance, administrative procedure compliance, office equipment and systems by following all necessary procedures, protocols and guidelines.
· Monitor and positively affect operational performance
· Work in compliance with all regulatory standards including EH&S, GMP, FDA, OSHA Radiation Safety, applicable laws, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required
· Incorporate new technology, products and processes into daily operations
· Interface with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
· Respond to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time
· Schedule work and manage spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
· Monitor and improve Up Time for site PBT systems
· Complete and submit work orders in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Complete and submit all time cards and service reports in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Experience working as a Service Technician is a plus.
· Technically skilled with proven ability to troubleshoot problems, solve abstract issues, and interpret policies and procedures.
· Ability to:
-read and correctly interpret various engineering documents (schematics, wiring, piping diagrams, etc.)
-use standard electrical test and measurement instruments (Oscilloscope, etc.)
-safely work in regions of high voltage
-safely lift up to 70 pounds repeatedly
-work on elevated area with safety harnesses
-work independently or as part of a cross-functional team o
-maintain focus and work with precision over extended periods
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
· Self-motivated and have strong sense of responsibility.
· Develop and improve procedures.
· Flexibility to cover rotating shifts and availability to work overtime as needed.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities