Tools Team Manager
The Database Developer is a key role for reports development and processing This role provides support for Hitachi's Global Delivery and Development Centres (GDDC).
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to maintain relational and non-relational database systems, extract and transform data for reporting, provide technical advice to management, and ensure the GDDC database environments are healthy and comply with security/audit requirements.
• Implementation and maintenance of MariaDB
, and OpenTSDB
• Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001
• Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for database systems.
• Define and maintain Monitoring
criteria for database systems.
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
, Test and Document, Databases
using for Big Data processing, such as Hadoop and/or HortonWorks.
• Familiar with Linux
and open source technologies i.e. CentOS
• Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios
, and the ELK
(Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or risk-avoidance plans.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Experience of securing databases, such as hardening
to CIS benchmarks
, backup and restoration, authentication principles, encryption and secured communications
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, algorithms and working code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Evaluates tools and processes.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; participating in professional organizations.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.
ProfileTechnical Skill Set
ü Familiar with Linux and open source technologies i.e CentOS, Ubuntu. Etc
ü Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
ü Experience with open-source database technologies, such as MariaDB, OpenTSDB, MySQL, Postgres, and Hadoop / HortonWorks.
ü Experience of securing databases, such as hardening to CIS benchmarks, backup and restoration, authentication principles, encryption and secured communications
ü Experience with Data Center infrastructure, such as storage arrays, Fibre Channel and Ethernet switches, and server systems.
ü Scripting in Linux shell, Perl, and/or Python.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
• 7-12 years of experience with database management and software development.
Requirement of Health and Security
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
- Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
- Abide by the Hitachi Vantara and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
- Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of Hitachi Vantara data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.