Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Enterprise Account Manager in the Bern region with strong solution-selling capabilities and a high-level of competence in identifying and developing sales opportunities, to penetrate new prospects or to grow the footprint in an existing account.Responsibilities
- You will proactively discover new business sales opportunities and/or grow existing Hitachi Vantara accounts.
- As a core member of the sales team, you will be responsible for a dedicated set of existing and/or prospective target accounts.
- You will own a personal sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Focus on developing accounts and acquiring new business in conjunction with our partner ecosystem to sell outcome based solutions.
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer needs and gauge the extent to which the Hitachi Vantara portfolio represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will present relevant offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total IT spend on Hitachi Vantara and competitor solutions.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- Maintaining your knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, competitive products, customer vertical industry trends and particularities, as well as an in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy, to help the customer make future technology decisions.
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Proven experience of software solution-selling within a major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastruture economics.
- Demonstrate that you have a consistent track record of sales achievement of high value orders within a new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organisation.
- You should be a self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in Hitachi Vantara solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge
- Continously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends, including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- Act as a customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles of a sale in a logical fashion, emphasising the Hitachi Vantara solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Strong business acumen, capable of engaging in C-Level discussions and posess effective negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English and German, French would be an additional plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.