Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The F5 Engineer is a key role for infrastructure projects and maintenance. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy.
The F5 Engineer that will be focused on complex, enterprise level F5, security and networking projects. Ideal candidate will have a strong F5 background, solid IT security expertise, and preferably have worked at a technology reseller or manufacturer.Responsibilities
• Have a deep understanding of F5 and performed administration and maintenance of load balancers, such as F5 BiG-IP and cloud based F5 products
• 5-7 years of hands on design, configuration, and delivery experience in F5 products
Specifically, LTM, GTM, ASM, APM, and iRules
• Must have proven experience deploying F5 solutions out of the box (i.e. initial setup, F5 licensing process, base configurations, network configurations, deploying different modules, adding/removing VIPS, and advanced configurations)
• Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for network and monitoring infrastructure on a 24x7 on-call basis.
• Responsible for vendor escalation.
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
• Strong written and spoken English language skills. Technical Skill Set
Expertise in TCP/IP networking in a large, enterprise-scale environment.
Experience with F5 load balancers and Access Policy Manager.Competencies
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
• 8-10 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
• Hold and active F5 Certification: 101, 201, 301, 401 (strongly preferred, but not required)
• CCNP or CCNA certification is highly desirable.