Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure optimal resource allocation and utilisation of the Global Delivery resources based in an allocated region, whilst ensuring these resources maintain skill sets and capabilities that fall in line with the technology and customer demands supplied by Hitachi Vantara.
The role focus is to ensure the region contributes to the effective commercial control and avoids unneccesary burden on the Global Delivery cost centre.
Development and retention of key capabilties is also critical to the success of the role.
The role will be accountable to the Delivery Service Office (DSO) Lead to ensure that all resource conform to and utilise the best practices, policies and processes set by the DSO and that they meet the quality levels expected.Responsibilities
• Determine delivery forecast demands for the region and ensure the local team has sufficient skill patterns and availability to address these demands
• Manage and lead the team of delivery professionals across multiple disciplines, including planning and allocating staff resources, developing, coaching and mentoring employees and managing performance to deliver service outcomes and continuous improvements
• Consulting and delivery experience and ability to communicate with all levels with technologists and management.
• Work with other Resource Managers and Global Operations to address spikes in delivery forecast demands by utilizing alternative or contingent workers
• Responsible for project delivery including Third party delivery and accountable to achieve revenue and margin goals defined.
• Maintain team size, skills and capabilities to optimally deliver against the service demand and forecast pipelines
• Show a considerate presence to the resources within the team, helping them maintain an appropriate career path utilizing the Career Book solution provided by the Delivery Service Office Lead
• Work in partnership with Technical practices on communicating skill demands and training necessities
• Ensure resources deliver solutions to customers in line with the best practices, policies and processes set by the Delivery Service Office and that they meet the quality standards expected
• Address delivery escalation raised by the Regional Delivery Head
• Ensure resource meet the utilization targets defined and manage any discrepancies to bring them back in line with these targets
• Ensuring cost center viability on a regional level
• Provide Management Information reports to Regional Delivery Lead HV based on the team's performance against KPI targets
• Conduct performance reviews for direct reports in line with HR policiesQualifications
Degree or equivalent formal education
• Experience of effective resource management in customer facing and remote services roles
• Ability to thrive in a changing environment. Adopting a fast, flexible and cooperative work style, with the ability to reprioritize at short notice
• A proven negotiator who can resolve commercial issues and achieve a "win/win" with both colleagues and customers by tailoring information, insights and arguments for different stakeholders
• Experience of capturing and reporting performance Management Information and its presentation to senior management
• Ability to develop well-structured presentations with informative and well-presented information appropriate for the desired audience
• Certification in Program and Project Management disciplines
• Practical 'hands on' experience of Information Technology projects, with knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities and issues that arise and how to address them
• Certification in Service Delivery disciplines, such as ITIL
• Practical 'hands on' experience of Service Delivery within Managed, Professional and Support Service environments, with knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities and issues that arise and how to address them
• Experience of working with and engaging third parties and Service delivery partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology
• Experience of working with third party, service delivery partners
• Experience of matrix management of diverse teams in multiple locations
• Good grasp of principles of finance and accounting
• Ability to matrix manage staff activities in solving complex business issues within established policies
• Willingness of the team to follow and maintain the best practices, policies and processes set by the Delivery Service Office Lead
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
• Experience of working with multinational teams
• Demonstrating leadership versatility- Motivating and inspiring people from different functions, cultures and demographics
• Stretching performance- Stretching and tapping into the performance of diverse processes, people and teams with a wide range of capabilities
• Persuasive influencing- Tailoring information, insights and arguments for different stakeholders
• Team working- Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues across functions
• Setting direction- Providing a clear sense of direction, by aligning goals, objectives and priorities to business strategy
• Maximizing business return- Making judgments on what will build profitability and make money for the business
• Driving differentiation- Leveraging deep customer and market insight to experiment, innovate and foster the early adoption of new ideas to deliver client value across markets
• Fast-tracking talent- Taking risks with stretch opportunities and assignments for diverse individuals and teams to 'raise their game'
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.