Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Systems Engineer is a key contact role for infrastructure projects. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy.Responsibilities
- Define and maintain Monitoring - Alerting criteria, provide support for testing activities for Nagios plug-in development.
- Perform testing of Nagios plug-ins in development environment, roll out to production and monitor/feedback for enhancement.
- Perform OS/Network and monitoring applications implementation.
- Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Maintenance of MariaDB, MySQL, or OpenTSDB databases.
- Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for OS, Network, Monitoring tools on 24x7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for vendor escalation.
- Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
- Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Familiar with Linux and open source technologies.
- Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
- Configuration and deployment of Nagios and GroundWork.
- Scripting, using Linux shell, perl, or Python.
- Familiar with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade and rack-mount servers).
- Experience with open source database technologies, such as MariaDB, OpenTSDB, and/or MySQL.
- Experience with open-source database technologies, such as Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra, and Hadoop.
- Experience with load-balancing technologies such as F5 or nginx.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 8-12 years' experience in system operation and production support.
- ITIL Foundation
- RHCE, RHCA, LPI, Linux+, or CCNA certification is desirable.