Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Role
Systems Engineer is a key contact role for infrastructure projects. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams, with an emphasis on Nagios monitoring and plug-in development.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy.Responsibilities
- Define and maintain Monitoring - Alerting criteria, and develop Nagios plug-ins to monitor servers, network devices, and enterprise storage systems.
- Scripting using Linux shell, Python, and perl.
- Perform testing of Nagios plug-ins in development environment, roll out to production and monitor/feedback for enhancement.
- Perform OS/Network and monitoring applications implementation.
- Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for OS, Network, Monitoring tools on 24x7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for vendor escalation.
- Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
- Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
- Familiar with Linux and open source technologies.
- Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
- Configuration and deployment of Nagios and GroundWork.
- Strong scripting skills, using Linux shell, perl, or Python.
- Familiar with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade and rack-mount servers).
- Experience with load-balancing technologies such as F5 or nginx.
- Experience with open source database technologies, such as MariaDB, OpenTSDB, Cassandra, and/or MySQL
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years' experience in system operation and production support.
- ITIL Foundation
- RHCE, RHCA, LPI, Linux+, or CCNA certification is desirable.