The Automation Engineer is a key role for infrastructure application automation and process improvement. This role provides support for Hitachi's Global Delivery and Development Centres (GDDC).
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to maintain relational and non-relational on all technology used in operations, extract and transform data, provide technical advice to management, and ensure the GDDC automation are healthy and comply with security/audit requirements.
• Expertise in PowerShell / Python / Shell scripting.
• Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Script development
• Functional UNIX, Windows, Storage technology experience (including scripting and automation) required
• Having any automation experience in Big Data platform would be a plus
• Proficiency with automation tools
• Proficiency with test management tool
• Proficiency in Back-End testing, familiarity with hierarchical and relational Infrastructure applications
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Basic understanding of application architecture in order to identify quality issues related to design or distribution of application components
• Must be self-driven, fast learner and delivery focused
• Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
• Define and maintain Monitoring - Alerting criteria for supported Infrastructure.
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
• Analyze, Design, Develop, Test and Document existing scripts.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or risk-avoidance plans.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Evaluates tools and processes.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; participating in professional organizations.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.
ProfileTechnical Skill Set
ü Minimum 6 years of automation experience (PowerShell, Phyton, Shell Scripting)
ü Good Knowledge on Automation frameworks related to Switch, Routers, Unix, Windows platform.
ü Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
ü Should be Capable of designing new test scenarios - scripting.
ü Should be able to handle tasks independently.
ü Quick learner and adaptable to changes, able to work under pressure.
ü Familiar with Linux and open source technologies.
ü Experience with Data Centre infrastructure, such as storage arrays, Fibre Channel and Ethernet switches, and server systems.
ü Scripting in Linux shell, Perl, and/or Python.
ü Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
• 6+ years of experience with automation using scripting tools.
Requirement of Health and Security
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
- Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
- Abide by the Hitachi Vantara and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
- Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of Hitachi Vantara data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.